<$BlogRSDUrl$>

Michael/Male/26-30. Lives in United States/Pennsylvania/Wexford/Christopher Wren, speaks English. Spends 20% of daytime online. Uses a Fast (128k-512k) connection. And likes baseball /politics.
This is my blogchalk:
United States, Pennsylvania, Wexford, Christopher Wren, English, Michael, Male, 26-30, baseball , politics.

Tuesday, March 30, 2004

2004 AL Preview... 

I anticipate getting my Sports Illustrated Baseball Preview issue this Thursday and I wanted to make my 2004 predictions before I was influenced in any way. Today I’ll post my 2004 AL predictions:

AL East
Boston Red Sox
New York Yankees (wildcard)
Toronto Blue Jays
Baltimore Orioles
Tampa Bay Rays

AL Central
Minnesota Twins
Kansas City Royals
Detroit Tigers
Chicago White Sox
Cleveland Indians

AL West
Anaheim Angels
Oakland A’s
Seattle Mariners
Texas Rangers

Playoffs:

ALDS
Boston over Twins, 3-0
New York over Anaheim, 3-1

ALCS
Boston over New York, 4-3


Bottom line:I think that the Red Sox have massively upgraded themselves. More so than the Yankees because the Red Sox kept their offensive nucleus intact and upgraded their pitching with Shilling and Foulke. This is the best team in the American League, bar none. I think the Yankees look a little stronger on offense, but have fallen behind the Red Sox in pitching now that Clemens, Pettite and Wells are gone. I like the Blue Jays and Orioles, I think both teams are better than they were last year, but I think that the Red Sox and Yankees are still way ahead. Tampa Bay? Wait ‘til next year, I guess.

In the Central, I think that the Twins are the best of the worst division in baseball. I think that the Royals can give them a run for their money, and that the Tigers are a lot better than they look, but the Twins are still it. The Indians and White Sox both have a ways to go to restock for future pennant races.

The AL West is the best division in baseball, and I think that the Angels did the most in upgrading themselves. They have a new management which seems committed to winning and they plugged some big holes. I love the A’s and Mariners, but both teams are a little short of the Angels, Red Sox and Yanks. I think the A’s pitching is impressive (best in the AL probably), but I think they need one or two more bats in the lineup. The Mariners I worry have aged too much to keep up. They’ve slowed down the stretch two straight years now. The Rangers season is over before it began, although they probably made the right decision in dealing A-Rod.

I think the Red Sox are, top-to-bottom, the best team in the league. They are World Series bound for the first time since 1986.


Comments: Post a Comment

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?