<$BlogRSDUrl$>

Michael/Male/26-30. Lives in United States/Pennsylvania/Wexford/Christopher Wren, speaks English. Spends 20% of daytime online. Uses a Fast (128k-512k) connection. And likes baseball /politics.
This is my blogchalk:
United States, Pennsylvania, Wexford, Christopher Wren, English, Michael, Male, 26-30, baseball , politics.

Monday, April 19, 2004

Is Citizens a Hitter's Park? 

Yes, according to MLB's Ken Mandel, who notes the eight Phils home runs this weekend suggests that when the weather is warm Citizens is a hitters paradise. I sincerely hope not: I really respect the open dimensions of Detroit's Comerica, and I dislike Enron / Minute Maid because I think the shallow dimensions cheapen the game. Babe Ruth clubbing 714 home runs in the old era of open parks and train travel is vastly different in quality and quantity from Barry Bonds' Playstation era 661+.

(I'm not a big Barry Bonds fan: I submit his proper place in the record books and in baseball history is tenuous at best.)

Let's end the Playstation era in baseball, please!

Comments: Post a Comment

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?