<$BlogRSDUrl$>

Michael/Male/26-30. Lives in United States/Pennsylvania/Wexford/Christopher Wren, speaks English. Spends 20% of daytime online. Uses a Fast (128k-512k) connection. And likes baseball /politics.
This is my blogchalk:
United States, Pennsylvania, Wexford, Christopher Wren, English, Michael, Male, 26-30, baseball , politics.

Wednesday, September 01, 2004

Their s--- stinks pretty awful ... 

What really, can you say about another Phillies loss? As I write this the Phils are 7 and a half back in the wildcard race and twelve and a half behind the Braves. With just 29 games remaining things are pretty grim. Honestly, it is basically impossible for the Phils to catch the Braves. And the wildcard is next to impossible. The Phillies mission this last month of the season is to salvage a little dignity and lay some groundwork for 2005. There are positive steps to take, such as bringing up new talent to evaluate and making decisions about the future, such as whether or not to re-sign Placido Polanco to man the pivot.

Without going into too much detail, this season has been a profound disappointment, much the same way the team’s collapse at the end of ’03 was. (Hard to believe that ’03 was a better campaign. The ‘03 team finished 86-76, a better record than the 79-83 the ’04 team will likely end up with.)

The team’s $93 million dollar payroll should shock the fans. It’s not like the Phils are the Yankees, who spend and spend and spend, because the Yankees win and win and win. The Phillies are poised to finish third for the third straight year. With just $34 million dollars, (28th most) the Indians actually challenged for the division. The A’s are likely going to end up in the playoffs for the fifth consecutive year despite having just $59 million to shell out (18 th most). Our friends in San Diego, with their new stadium, had just $63 million to spend and not only have a better record, but they dramatically improved themselves over ’03.

Moneyball, the I Ching of sabremetrics enthusiasts, talks about the efficient distribution of money through the tried and true method of statistical analysis. It is a system that the Phillies organization seems skittish, if not contemptuous, about. They would be well-advised to remember something a Chinese philosopher named Lao-Tzu wrote:

A man is born gentle and weak.
At his death he is hard and stiff.
Green plants are tender and filled with sap.
At their death they are withered and dry.
Therefore the stiff and unbending is the disciple of death.
The gentle and yielding is the disciple of life.
Thus an army without flexibility never wins a battle.
A tree that is unbending is easily broken.
The hard and strong will fall.
The soft and weak will overcome.
(Tao Te Ching)

A little flexibility fellas. I’ve been reading David Brooks Bobos in Paradise over the last week. His chapter on how corporate entities have taken to flattening their structural hierarchies to encourage the free-flow of ideas and have imported outside cultural and intellectual influences to prevent ossified thinking is priceless. To Brooks this dehierarchical structure is the reason for the period of expansion business had in the 1990's. I doubt this is the sole reason, but it surely had an impact.

The Phillies should ditch their opposition to stats and give alternative ideas a try. Sun-Tzu wrote in The Art of War: “You must adapt to your opportunities and weaknesses. You can use a variety of approaches and still have a consistent result.”

The result is called winning.

On to the numbers: grudging respect must be given to Phils shortstop Jimmy Rollins. I’ve never been high on him. I’ve complained that he strikes out too much, that he doesn’t draw enough walks, etc. However, over the last month he’s been the Phillies MVP: .389 OBP, .553 SLG, .255 ISO, .313 GPA, 9 doubles, 4 triples and 4 home runs. Rollins scored 27 runs in August. Why has he been doing well? Rollins has done what the Phillies have asked him to do: he has dramatically lowered his BB/SO ratio from 0.48 in ’03, to 0.79 in ’04. And while his walk numbers aren’t that great but still, .083 BB/PA is better than his career .076 … He’s actually become a fairly good and consistent leadoff man. I’d say he’s played his way into the job.

Season-to-date:

Starters:
Thome: .334 GPA / .332 ISO
Abreu: .321 GPA / .247 ISO
Bell: .276 GPA / .160 ISO
Michaels: .257 GPA / .107 ISO
Rollins: .262 GPA / .146 ISO
Polanco: .252 GPA / .130 ISO
Lieberthal: .250 GPA / .166 ISO
Byrd: .210 GPA / .094 ISO

Bench:
Glanville: .184 GPA / .063 ISO
Utley: .260 GPA / .225 ISO
Pratt: .211 GPA / .030 ISO
Perez: .226 GPA / .205 ISO

Injured:
Burrell: .283 GPA / .196 ISO

There has been a definite decline in Abreu’s performance of late: .265 GPA / .182 ISO in August. Given that he and Thome have been carrying the Phils, this has badly impacted the team’s offensive output: they were ninth in OBP in August and seventh in slugging average.

Starters:
Thome: .166 BB / PA; 8.65 RC27
Abreu: .170 BB / PA; 8.78 RC27
Bell: .102 BB / PA; 5.77 RC27
Michaels: .144 BB / PA; 5.10 RC27
Rollins: .083 BB / PA; 5.60 RC27
Polanco: .056 BB / PA; 4.57 RC27
Lieberthal: .067 BB / PA; 4.35 RC27
Byrd: .053 BB / PA; 2.77 RC27

Bench:
Glanville: .052 BB / PA; 2.16 RC27
Utley: .038 BB / PA; 5.19 RC27
Pratt: .104 BB / PA; 2.63 RC27
Perez: .043 BB / PA; 3.86 RC27

Injured:
Burrell: .150 BB / PA; 6.20 RC27

In other news: I’m stunned by the Red Sox surge in August. Since July 24, the Red Sox have gone 24-9 and have closed to just 3 and a half games. These guys hit the ball well, they have terrific pitching and are playing much, much better defense. I think my prediction of the Red Sox winning the Series might come to pass.

Comments:
Horse racing tips for professional lay bettingbetting horse racing rule

 
Great Blog! I wanted to share this with you. Are you tired of the Internet Marketing Rat Race? best home based business comparison


Check this out when you have time :-)
 
I discuss this topic daily myself. I also have a website that talks about find home business opportunity related things. Go check it out if you get a chance.
 
Hey, you have a great blog here! I'm definitely going to bookmark you!

I have a affiliate email marketing marketing mlm site/blog. It pretty much covers affiliate email marketing marketing mlm related stuff.

Come and check it out if you get time :-)
 
I was searching for chicago cubs jacket and found your site.

I'm a huge Cub fan and I have been looking for other sites about chicago cubs jacket

Dave
 
Found you radom Blogging. Blog On.
See The Top Ten For yourself
 
Your post is great and let me say

A favorite pastime of mine is Sports Betting to make a few extra bucks.
My only problems is that I was never good at picking teams or games.
Recently I found a site that is like Sports Betting but I dont lose my money if my pick is bad.

Its a sports stock market, kinda like NASDAQ. which makes a big difference because if I buy shares in a team. I keep the stock whether they win or lose, but as a bonus I get paid divdends if they win.
So I can make money with dividends and also from selling high and buying low.

I buy shares in NFL, NASCAR, NCAAB, MLB, Golf, Tennis ect....
They just released Some Great IPOS's this week!

Heres a link http://allsportsmarket.com
you can log in and check it out for free..


Keep up the good work on your blog!
-Erik
 
I very muck enjoyed your work from home online business site. I also have a great interest in work from home online business and have set up a site. Please feel free to check it out and let me know what you think
 
affiliate marketing network is great

i found here searching for the word affiliate marketing network and your site was listed high on the word affiliate marketing network
GOOD JOB

affiliate marketing network
 
Yo, This blog is pretty neat. You should check out mine sometime. It pretty much covers niche affiliate marketing program related stuff.
 
Excellent internet marketing training articlre.
Keep up the great internet marketing training blog. I find it very informative. I check back soon
Thanks again for a great and informative internet marketing training articlre.
 
Jupiter Research predicts that online dating will top revenue of $640 million in 2008.

What are you doing about it?

Urdate.net has finally launched its partner program.
By becoming an Urdate.net partner you will receive your own customized dating site, with full ftp access. You’ll possess complete control of your site’s design and enjoy earnings of up to 70% commission, $35 per signup, $6.50 per email or $1 per click!

If you are an existing Urdate.net affiliate and are earning more than $100, then you can become an iwantu.com partner and receive the following at no additional charge:

- A free dating domain name of your choice
- Free unlimited hosting
- A complete and functional dating site – customized with your brand and your site name.
- Full ftp access to your site – you entirely control the design!
- Full customer and technical support for your members. You are only in charge of the design and the traffic.
- We take care of all the credit card processing and member billing.
- You earn up to 70% commission, $35 per signup, $6.50 per email or $1 per click. Signup for one or more of our programs that best fits your marketing strategy.
- Fully integrated affiliate program.

Examples of some partners:

dating affiliate software
dating affiliate software
dating affiliate software

And many others...


Easy one page registration: URdate.net
 
Hey!! Just surfing some sites and found this place. Cool!! I have a business database small software site where i try to sell business database small software related software. Drop by anytime.
 
Hey nice info you posted.
I just browsing through some blogs and came across yours!

Excellent blog, good to see someone actually uses em for quality posts.

Your site kept me on for a few minutes unlike the rest :)

Keep up the good work!

Thanks!.
 
Hey, you have a great blog here! I'm definitely going to bookmark you!

I have a Horse Racing and Sports site. It pretty much covers very related stuff to you.

Come and check it out if you get time :-)
 
Hi there! Good blogs are hard to come across , but I can see that you have done some research for your blog.Great information. Thank You.

Your friend,

free affiliate program
 
Hi there, I have came by in search of information. I was told that blogs have some of the best and most relevent information for any given subject. Mine happens to be a horse show game gift website that has anything from jewelry to horse tack. So I am looking for new products and information based on horse show game to offer my customers and possibly some good marketing ideas for my website.

Websites that I have and all the work involved in keeping several of them going and updating blogs I am at best posting once a month.

I have enjoyed your blog and am thankfull to be able to sort of pick your brain without actually bothering you. Blogs tend to stand out because a lot of them people don't try and sale so much as to write about things that they enjoy or what they like to do.
Most of which comes out in there writing.

I want to grow and build my website to be the best and know I have much to learn and fix to even come close.

I have been online for 8 months now so yes we are very young.

We have taken what we love and have turned it into a business.
I hope you come by to visit. I am not trying to sale you anything but would love to here if you have any ideas.

Thank you for your time.
horse show game
 
Hello, I have a fairly new website that has been online for about 8 months. I looked at alot of websites that are in my area horse play station game . I have done the internet MLM thing and really got disgusted at the whole thing. So my wife and I thought since we love horses we should build a website around that. We have done pretty good so far but I always want to improve. I didn;t realize it would be so time consuming though. But we love it and hope to improve and offer some of the best recourses and products available. Hence the search for content new products and information about what we have. If you decide to come and visit maybe you can offer some advice That would be great. If not well you have A great new year.

Thank you for your BLOG.

Regards,

horse play station game
 
Hi there, check out my site if you have a chance! Thanks!
 
This new breakthrough making money on web page gives you many of the benefits of owning a huge shopping center that sells over one million in-demand products - without the headaches and expense of running a "regular" shopping center!
 
Hello, I have a fairly new website that has been online for about 8 months. I looked at alot of websites that are in my area horse shampoo for human . I have done the internet MLM thing and really got disgusted at the whole thing. So my wife and I thought since we love horses we should build a website around that. We have done pretty good so far but I always want to improve. I didn;t realize it would be so time consuming though. But we love it and hope to improve and offer some of the best recourses and products available. Hence the search for content new products and information about what we have.

Thank you for your BLOG.

Regards,

horse shampoo for human
 
Now you can get this powerful new home based business cash opportunity way to stay home and cash-in with OVER ONE-MILLION hot products that are already selling like crazy on the Internet...
 
Congradulations on a well written, interesting and superb blog! Have you heard about the shocking news?

1000's of real people are earning quiet fortunes from home using the most ingenious automated system ever invented.

Are you curious to find out what this is all about?

Why not? You have nothing to lose.

You can sign up for this system absolutely free of charge and check it all out for yourself.

To start off, we have a video presentation for you to watch. Just turn up the speakers if you can, and click on the link below.

Have fun and open your mind.

It is all right here: make money while you sleep It successfully covers make money while you sleep related stuff.

Come and check it out now, Scott :-)
 
Maintaining focus is important for success in online business, one must have clearly defined goals and taking steps to accomplish them ia a key factor.
Link to this site: internet marketing search engine placement
http://www.internet-marketingzone.info
 
Wow what a cool blog you have here! I am impressed. You really put a lot of time and effort into this. I wish I had your creative writing skills, progressive talent and self- discipline to produce a blog like you did. Your blog really does deserve an honest compliment. If you have some time, stop by my site. It deals with stuff like, click here: low cost mlm and then feel free to e-mail me with your words of wisdom.

P.S. I'll sure put the word out about your site and I would appreciate any business you may send my. way... Later, Scott.
 
Understanding that the internet is another vehicle for direct response marketing which can potentially make you rich!! true. But not many people actually get it.
Link to this site: internet marketing search engine
http://www.internet-marketingzone.info
 
Hey, you have a great blog here! You really are very talented and deserve an honest compliment, congradulations! I'm definitely going to bookmark you!

I have a network marketing site/blog. It successfully covers network marketing related stuff.

Come and check it out if you get time, Scott.
 
Hi my friends! I'm writing to you because I just came across a business that I think has great potential. It lets you save money on almost everything. Make money from almost everything, Including home loans- plus... help lower your taxes--best of all--it requires absolutely no investment. I thought you might be interested and like to check it out...

Here I have a hi-tech site/blog. It successfully covers hi-tech related stuff and almost everything else!

Come and check it out if you get time, Scott.
 
Hi i was just passing around looking for nice blogs i see u got a nice one good work :)

Bye free arabic music download
 
Giving a diamond wedding jewelry to someone you care about is a message of caring. There are so many great local resources now for diamond wedding jewelry . It is easier than ever to pick up the phone or go online and find diamond wedding jewelry.

Another great site with a lot of updating information is http://www.aphroditesaccessories.com. Thanks by the way for such a great blog!
 
http://www.online-money-making-opportunities.com
 
http://www.online-money-making-opportunities.com
 
http://www.online-money-making-opportunities.com
 
It looks like you spent some time on this blog. Keep up the good work! When you get the chance, visit my site and join for free! Go to online marketing.
 
You have a great blog here! I will be sure to book mark you. I have a horse related site. It pretty much covers horse related stuff. Check it out if you get time :-)
Morgan
 
Got a couple of ideas based on what i saw on your blog. Thx.

Steve @
http://www.lifeincome.org
 
One of a kind! Thanks.
Came across your blog by chance while searching for awesome traffic.
http://www.1st-choice-4-website-traffic.com
awesome traffic
 
Hey Fellow, you have a great blog here! I have a web
site & blog about credit center.
Yours is top-notch!
If you have a moment, please visit my site
credit center
I wish you all the best!
 
Nice blog!
---Cowgirl---
 
I just checked your blog. Looks really interesting. I'm thinking to create my horse related blog. Mustang
 
Hi there! I'm out blogging and found yours!I have to admit, I've seen several blogs and you seem to have a very well put together blog here!

Sincerly,

internet affiliate program
 
enjoyed the subject matter on your blog. I have some super great shopping malls to share please take a moment to see which one you like the best.
www.Christmas-Mall-Online.com
www.ShopBeachCity.com
www.American-Shopping-Mall.com
www.tshirtapperal.com
www.biblemediadvd.com
www.bibledvdonine.com
www.handbagexpress.com
www.vegastours.com
www.satellie-dish-network-tv-movies.com
Be sure and take advantage of the great values available. Enjoy!
 
I just came across your blog and wanted to
drop you, Blogger, a note telling you how impressed I was with
the information you have posted here.
If you have a moment, please visit my site:
credit center
It covers credit center related contents.
I send you warm regards and wish you continued success.
 
I like your blog.

http://exclusive-information.net/

johnny depps drug abuse
 
I just came across your blog and wanted to
drop you, Blogger, a note telling you how impressed I was with
the information you have posted here.
If you have a moment, please visit my site:
credit center
It covers credit center related contents.
I send you warm regards and wish you continued success.
 
You have a great blog, I am going to bookmark you. If you have time I would like you to check out my blog at PSP Download, it's about PSP Download relatec stuff.
 
Hey just to let you know that yes I am promoting this but if you dont want to save at the pump then dont go to the site but I believe no matter who you are gas is just to expensive.

The goverment is using it and many other huge company's. This is not just some fly by night company or product. This is the real deal.
 
How many companies do you know that has customer service call you asking if there is any way they can help to grow your business? No wonder Jerky Direct is growing at over 30% per month!! I just had to tell all of you to check out mlm company I've tried them all like a lot of the rest of you but think I have found something with a business that call me by my name and speak with corporate without playing push button with an answering router for 10 minutes. Please check out http://selectjerkydirect.com Watch the video and tell all your friends too. Thank you :-)
 
I was searching for http://www.homegrownhydroponics.ca/ and your site ended up in the search results. Not what I was looking for. So I will say ado and continue on my way.
 
Hi. I am out searching for the latest info on PSP downloads and found your site. I am doing some research for a ratings & reviews site. Although this wasn't exactly what I am looking for, it caught my attention. I'm glad I checked it out anyway - good stuff. If you want, you can read my PSP downloads reviews at PSP Download Site Reviews
 
Hey, I was out surfing the blogs and ran into yours. It wasnt exactly what I was searching for but I found it interesting. I have a site that you may be interested fi you like PSP Movies, give it a look if you get a chance. adult movie psp
 
I loved your post! I came across your blog and it really caught my attention, Ill be sure to come back for more! Keep up the good work! dvd movie to psp
 
This is COOL...!!! Dear friends, Now you can help yourself take advantage of the huge frenzy of FREE advertising in your spare time, while in the comfort of your own home. Hook up NOW with this exiting program. Click here: FREE INFORMATION
 
Hi,
Are you looking for Unlimited PSP Game Downloads? I will expose you to the largest database network where you will find the Top Most Popular PSP Games Websites with hundreds of PSP Game Downloads.Please visit this site,PSP Game Downloads
 
Great bit of blogging! Hope you get a chance to look at my site bar stool
 
WARNING: A new immensely powerful viral marketing system has been released, which allows marketers to broadcast messages directly to people's desktops. Learn more about it here: network marketing site. It pretty much covers network marketing related stuff and it is FREE to join.
 
WARNING: A new immensely powerful viral marketing system has been released, which allows marketers to broadcast messages directly to people's desktops. Learn more about it here: network marketing site. It pretty much covers network marketing related stuff and it is FREE to join.
 
Post a Comment

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?