<$BlogRSDUrl$>

Michael/Male/26-30. Lives in United States/Pennsylvania/Wexford/Christopher Wren, speaks English. Spends 20% of daytime online. Uses a Fast (128k-512k) connection. And likes baseball /politics.
This is my blogchalk:
United States, Pennsylvania, Wexford, Christopher Wren, English, Michael, Male, 26-30, baseball , politics.

Wednesday, October 27, 2004

Finally, some Phillies talk …  

Been a while since we discussed the Phils, hasn’t it? I’m working on a post recapping my thoughts on the 2004 season and what direction I think the Phils should go in 2005, but it won’t be ready for a while due to the World Series and my continuing search for employment. (Big interview tomorrow, btw…)

As I said yesterday, Grady Little’s interview with the Phillies didn’t go well, which leaves me thinking that Charlie Manuel will be the Phillies skipper in ’05, given his ties to Thome and his work in the organization in ’03 and ‘04.

Jim Fregosi is apparently in the running too, which doesn’t leave me happy: Fregosi was a good coach for the 1993 team and he might be a good coach now, but doesn’t this smack of something the Washington Redskins would do? … Bring back the last guy who had success?

Apparently Jim Leyland, formerly the Pirates and Marlins skipper, will interview for the job on Monday: he, ironically, might be the best candidate if the Phils are looking for a laid-back guy to manage. You don’t get more laid-back than Jim Leyland.

More tomorrow, along with thoughts on Game 4 of the World Series…

Comments: Post a Comment

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?