<$BlogRSDUrl$>

Michael/Male/26-30. Lives in United States/Pennsylvania/Wexford/Christopher Wren, speaks English. Spends 20% of daytime online. Uses a Fast (128k-512k) connection. And likes baseball /politics.
This is my blogchalk:
United States, Pennsylvania, Wexford, Christopher Wren, English, Michael, Male, 26-30, baseball , politics.

Saturday, October 30, 2004

New Book... 

We all have interests outside of baseball and the Phillies (and no, I’m not talking about the Eagles). I read a lot (or at least I used to): no surprise I had few friends in high school, because I was the kid that sat there and read for hours and hours and hours.

Today I don’t as much, in part because I read things all day in law school and studying for the bar, and in part because I don’t have the time anymore to devote to sitting down and actually bothering to flip open a book. There are a few writers I consider to be worth my time: Christopher Buckley is one whose every book is a joy to read.

Buckley, the son conservative intellectual William F. Buckley, is a terrific writer of satirical novels about the tobacco industry (Thank You For Smoking), the alien-abduction community (Little Green Men), and political memoirs (The White House Mess). He just got done writing Florence of Arabia, a satirical novel about the Middle East, not exactly a subject of humor these days ... I’ve read the excerpts in The Atlantic Monthly (Part I here, Part II here), and they are hilarious. Buckley has a wryly cynical writing style that locks onto people pompous and self-important and blows them out of the water.

I've honestly never laughed as hard as when I read Thank You For Smoking for the first time and got to the part when the villians attempted to kill the hero, a tobacco lobbyist, by putting nicotene patches on his body. (Read the book.)

Check out the excerpts or buy the book. I will when I get a chance. (Or money.)

Comments:
Nice site. Check mine out if you can. cash money
 
Hello!Good job. You've been doing your home work. I'll be coming back

Sincerly,

free affiliate program
 
Hey just to let you know that yes I am promoting this but if you dont want to save at the pump then dont go to the site but I believe no matter who you are gas is just to expensive.

The goverment is using it and many other huge company's. This is not just some fly by night company or product. This is the real deal.
 
Post a Comment

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?