<$BlogRSDUrl$>

Michael/Male/26-30. Lives in United States/Pennsylvania/Wexford/Christopher Wren, speaks English. Spends 20% of daytime online. Uses a Fast (128k-512k) connection. And likes baseball /politics.
This is my blogchalk:
United States, Pennsylvania, Wexford, Christopher Wren, English, Michael, Male, 26-30, baseball , politics.

Monday, October 18, 2004

"You Only Live Twice, Mr. Bond..." 

Which was more surprising? That the Red Sox extended the ALCS to a fifth game? Or that the Astros have tied the mighty Cardinals in the NLCS? I go with the Red Sox, though last night's win might have left them emotionally and physically depleted for game five. The Yanks will close it out tonight, although if the Red Sox win, they will have cut the Yankees advantage in half.

We've seen teams come roaring back from 3-0 deficits to win 1 or 2 games. Unfortunately, they always lose in game six (the '99 Mets-Braves NLCS comes to mind). As Fox and ESPN have reminded us, just two teams in NHL/NBA/MLB history have come back to win from 3-0 deficits in 238 such series: not likely, but then why not?

Oh, and I have to conclude that I might be bad luck for the Sox. With me watching, the Sox are 0-3 in the ALCS. When my wife & I watch ABC's Desparate Housewives instead, they are 1-0. (Our favorite new show.) I promise I won't watch, Sox fans. (Part 2 of the Farscape miniseries is on tonight anyway.) Sorry.

Comments: Post a Comment

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?