<$BlogRSDUrl$>

Michael/Male/26-30. Lives in United States/Pennsylvania/Wexford/Christopher Wren, speaks English. Spends 20% of daytime online. Uses a Fast (128k-512k) connection. And likes baseball /politics.
This is my blogchalk:
United States, Pennsylvania, Wexford, Christopher Wren, English, Michael, Male, 26-30, baseball , politics.

Monday, November 22, 2004

Survey 

Survey 'o the Phillies blogosphere ...

Mike at Berks Phillies Fans is predicting an end to the Braves decade-long stranglehold on the NL East in '05 and makes a good argument for why that will happen. (Free agent defections, fatigue, etc.) Mike also proposes sending Pat Burrell down to the Orioles, a move I disagree with strongly: I think Burrell will have a season on-par with his 2002 year and he'll re-emerge as the Phillies star ... Still I agree with him that the Phillies management needs to get bolder and more aggressive.

Tom G at Balls Sticks 'n Stuff has been giving a lot of thought to Win Shares these days. I like to see what he has to say next...

Tom at Shallow Center made me smile when he said recently that Manuel's savvy cheesesteak choices evidence a keen mind. I'm inclined to disagree with him about one thing though: Geno's is the best place for a cheesesteak in Philly. Tom is the best pure writer of our group: I wonder why I'm not reading his work in the Inquirer.

Bill Liming's Phillies Fan is back from a long hiatus (missed you Bill!) with some comments about the Phillies possibly pursuing Eric Milton. Say it ain't so ...

Tom Goodman at Swing and A Miss lays out some of his ideas for 2005. I'm inclined to agree with most of his ideas (trade Bell? Yes; re-sign Polanco? Yes; sign Rollins to a long-term deal?; Yes), but I disagree with him about the Phillies alignment: Tom wants Utley at second and Polanco at third. I think Polanco's biggest plus is his defensive skill, so I want to see him at second rather than third. Otherwise, I think Tom has some solid ideas.

Mark Robinson expressed outrage at I'm Not An Athlete over Abreu finishing just eighth in the race for MVP.

Dan at Phog Lights expresses disbelief that the Phillies would do something as dumb as offer Carlos Beltran at 10 year deal worth $150mil+. I'm inclinded to agree.

Phanatic Phollow Up argues in favor of giving Charlie Manuel a chance. I think it is interesting how negatively fans have reacted to Manuel, while most Phillies bloggers, myself included, think the move was a smart one.

More later ya'll...

Comments: Post a Comment

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?