<$BlogRSDUrl$>

Michael/Male/26-30. Lives in United States/Pennsylvania/Wexford/Christopher Wren, speaks English. Spends 20% of daytime online. Uses a Fast (128k-512k) connection. And likes baseball /politics.
This is my blogchalk:
United States, Pennsylvania, Wexford, Christopher Wren, English, Michael, Male, 26-30, baseball , politics.

Friday, December 10, 2004

Ready for the Weekend! 

My parents are coming out to visit this weekend, which I am really looking forward to. A few random thoughts:

-Eagles – Redskins on Sunday Night football. Call it Eagles 24, Redskins 14. I think the Eagles will go 14-2 this season, probably losing the Bengals game after wrapping up homefield advantage after beating the Rams on MNF on the 27th. Someone said that the Eagles get a first-round bye if they beat the Redskins, but don’t they already have that? They won the NFC East, and while the Falcons can catch them for the conference crown, the Packers, Vikings, Seahawks and Rams all can’t: the Rams and Seahawks can’t do better than 10-6, and while the Packers and Vikings could equal the Eagles at 11-5 (provided they go 4-0 and the Eagles go 0-4), the Eagles own the tie-breakers on them because they beat them. So, correct me if I’m wrong, but isn’t second the worst the Eagles can do?

-USC’s Matt Leinart will win the Heisman Trophy tomorrow. I think that the dual Petersen and White will split the vote and allow Leinart to become the second USC QB in three years to win. If I were voting, I’d go with Cal’s Aaron Rodgers, whom the 49ers will take with the first pick in the 2005 Draft.

-Someone will get naked this week on Desperate Housewives.

-I wore my McNabb jersey to a get-together our condo complex held last night. I always love seeing the reactions I get in Steelers country: our maintence guy asked me where my Steelers jersey is. Later we went to get ice cream and I had two people tell me that they root for the Eagles. My wife was doumbfounded to see so many Eagles fans in Western Pennsylvania.

-I saw today in the Pittsburgh Post-Gazette that Lynn Swann is thinking of running against Ed Rendell in the 2006 Governor’s race as a Republican. The Republican Party has embrassed themselves plenty of times by drafting actors (Arnold) or athletes to run for office (Steve Largent, J.C. Watts, Richard Petty, Tom Osbourne), but Swann might be the worst pander yet: the Republican Party knows that their ability to win a statewide contest hinges upon their ability to win over Democrats in Western Pennsylvania to counter the Democratic Party’s stength in the Southeast. Running a Steeler from the glory days, whose job for the last decade has been as a sideline reporter, strikes me as being a pretty sad pander.

See you, Monday!

Comments:
Great notre dame football blog you have here. I'm always looking for info on notre dame football. You can check out my forum about notre dame football if you have a chance.
 
Looking for info on mlb baseball then browse around.
 
Post a Comment

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?