<$BlogRSDUrl$>

Michael/Male/26-30. Lives in United States/Pennsylvania/Wexford/Christopher Wren, speaks English. Spends 20% of daytime online. Uses a Fast (128k-512k) connection. And likes baseball /politics.
This is my blogchalk:
United States, Pennsylvania, Wexford, Christopher Wren, English, Michael, Male, 26-30, baseball , politics.

Friday, February 18, 2005

DRA 

Peter Gammons stated last year that fielding is the Next Big Thing in sabremetrics and he couldn't have been more right: on the heels of Dave Pinto's Probalistic Model of Range (PMR), a major work on sabremetric fielding, comes Michael Humphries Defensive Regression Analysis (DRA). I'll let you read all about it at the Hardball Times. Part I explaining DRA is here.

I think DRA is interesting stuff. Anything that can expand our knowledge of defense and what makes a successful defense is valuable. When I get a few free moments I'll expand on the topic, but for now I'll let Mike's work speak for itself.

Click here for Part II.

Click here for Part III.

(I'll expand a little on what he says about the Phillies later.)

I forewarn everyone that next week will be a light week: my wife is taking the bar exam. I'll still post something monday.

Comments: Post a Comment

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?