<$BlogRSDUrl$>

Michael/Male/26-30. Lives in United States/Pennsylvania/Wexford/Christopher Wren, speaks English. Spends 20% of daytime online. Uses a Fast (128k-512k) connection. And likes baseball /politics.
This is my blogchalk:
United States, Pennsylvania, Wexford, Christopher Wren, English, Michael, Male, 26-30, baseball , politics.

Friday, July 22, 2005

Ready for the weekend ... 

With the Phillies 1-0 loss to the Dodgers last night the team has slipped to fourth in the NL East and fifth in the wildcard.

NL East
Nats 54-42 (-)
Braves 54-42 (-)
NY Mets 49-46 (4.5)
Phillies 49-47 (5.0)
Marlins 47-46 (5.5)

NL Wildcard
Nats 54-42 (-)
Braves 54-42 (-)
NY Mets 49-46 (4.5)
Astros 49-46 (4.5)
Phillies 49-47 (5.0)
Cubs 48-47 (5.5)
Marlins 47-46 (5.5)

This weekend's series against the Padres is important because if the Phillies get swept the High Command might decide to have a firesale and scrap the season. So let's hope the Phillies win some game this weekend.

Other news ... the Phillies dealt Worrell to the D-backs for Matt Kata, a career .310 OBP hitter. I am not impressed.

On non-baseball news, I saw on ESPN News last night that T.O. thinks a trade would be best for all. Honestly, as much as I loved what T.O. brought to the team in '04, I do agree that the team will be fine without him. Greg Lewis will have a breakout year.

Enjoy your weekend. I intend to discuss fielding at home v. fielding on the road, David Bell, ancient history and sabremetrics, and some other topics, very soon!

Comments:
i think the team will be fine without TO but i wouldnt trade him. you wont get much of anything for him. id let him holdout the whole year. the eagles have all the leverage. teach him a lession that he ll hurt his pocketbook and bring his ego down to size.

as for worrell, i feel it was time for him to go. he just has been horrible lately. maybe itll do him some good being closer to his family (in phoenix). kata wont be bad either.
 
I think T.O. whole handling of this offseason was probably the best example of how incredibly poor an athlete can judge his situation. If I were him, I'd sue my agent.

I don't hate TO, myself. I understand and don't begrudge a person from trying to get as much money as he can, whatever his situation. But I do pity him. We are going to watch an ego as large as exists in the game today being completely crumpled because he's out of his league here. He quite simply doesn't have a chance of winning this thing, and apparantly doesn't realize it. Furthermore, the fans are not on his side, so when he gets run out, he'll end up sounding like a big whiner, blaming the Eagles, the Eagles fans, and probably life in general for his troubles.

I for one would have a lot of respect for him if, either now or later, he were to stand up and say "Boy, I really screwed up on this one! I learned a lesson about football and life in Philadelphia, and I learned that I'm not bigger than the game. I offer the entire Philadelphia area, club, and people my apoligies."
 
I was searching for chicago cubs picture and found your site.

I'm a huge Cub fan and I have been looking for other sites about chicago cubs picture

Dave
 
Hi, Nice blog you have here. Lots of great info on cleveland browns web site. I have a cleveland browns web site related site. It has lots of information, discussion, stats etc. on cleveland browns web site. Please check it out if you get a chance.
 
Learn how to quickly create an RSS feeds with our RSS feeder, for high link popularity and ultimately better search engine rankings.
 
Hey, you have a great blog here! I'm definitely going to bookmark you!
I have a **great** site/blog. It pretty much covers football reading related stuff.
Come and check it out if you get time :-)
 
I was just browsing various blogs as I was doing a search on the word poster, and I just wanted to say that I really like what you've done with your blog, even though it wasn't particularly related to what I searched for. I appreciate your postings, and your blog is a good example of how a blog should be done. I've only just recently started a Posters website - feel free to visit it when you get a chance if you wish. Much success, antonio.
 
I was just browsing various blogs as I was doing a search on the word poster, and I just wanted to say that I really like what you've done with your blog, even though it wasn't particularly related to what I searched for. I appreciate your postings, and your blog is a good example of how a blog should be done. I've only just recently started a Posters website - feel free to visit it when you get a chance if you wish. Much success, antonio.
 
Post a Comment

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?